Start Up Step Up London
Start Up Step Up London is an innovative LEAP/ESF programme designed to help Londoners access Entrepreneurship and improve their enterprise skills at this critical time for our economy
Delivered by Capital City College Training (CCCT), part of Capital City College Group in partnership with Visionnaires, participants will benefit from Visionnaires ground-breaking start-up programme, targeted skills training and one-to-one coaching and mentoring.
START UP will enable participants from under-represented groups to develop an entrepreneurial mind-set to bring an idea to life through tailored support.
You will have access to workshops delivered by experienced entrepreneurs and tutors. The workshops will give you the tools to bring your idea to life as well as covering important topics such as: Branding, Marketing, Finance and presenting your ideas. Workshops are currently being delivered via Microsoft Teams.
STEP UP will support SME’s to identify gaps and increase the skills levels of your employees, to encourage progression in employment and business growth. STEP UP also aims to increase the skills levels of employed women to encourage progression in employment and help address the gender employment and wage gap.
Training will be provided to help you or your team member contribute more to your business. The training includes:
- L3 Units to increase knowledge which enable progress (*this is seen as a commitment by participant, we are delivering via digital solutions such as Microsoft Teams and sessions are delivered in and outside of work hours to aid participation).
- Functional Skills in Maths and English where required.
- Digital Skills where required.
Mentors & entrepreneurial coach
You will also be assigned a Mentor to provide a sounding board and for access to their knowledge and expertise. All Mentors are volunteers. The Entrepreneurial Coach will be co-ordinating your journey through the programme with up to six months continued support via sessions (available via digital i.e. Microsoft Teams as well as face to face in a safe environment).
Who is the START UP/STEP UP programme for?
- Individuals looking to start a business but do not know where to start.
- Individuals wanting to grow and expand their business.
- Residents of a London Borough.
- Employees of SME’s that employ less than 250 people in the UK.
Foundervine specialises in start-up and scale-up programmes.
Support for Employers – Apprenticeships and Industry Placements
An overview of support to help employers take on apprentices.