Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Hub
The Enterprise Hub from the Royal Academy of Engineering supports engineering entrepreneurs. It aims to grow the number of engineering and technology SMEs across the UK in order to address some of society’s biggest challenges.
The Enterprise Hub provides coworking and meeting space in central London, as well as runs a number of programmes including:
Enterprise Fellowships is a 12-month accelerator programme to help creative and entrepreneurial engineers develop their innovation and get it to market. Applications should have an impactful innovation ready to commercialise at the seed or pre-seed stage.
- Expert mentoring.
- Training and one-to-one coaching.
- Up to £75,000 equity-free funding start-up grant.
- PR and marketing support.
- Access to co-working and meeting space in Westminster.
Who can apply?
- Researchers who want to spin out a company from a university or research institute.
- Recent graduates who want to start a company.
- International PhD students already based in the UK who want to spin out or start-up.
Shott Scale Up Accelerator
The six-month Shott Scale Up Accelerator supports decision-makers to develop their leadership skills in high-growth engineering and technology SMEs.
- A grant of up to £10,000 to pay for leadership courses.
- Expert mentoring.
- One-to-one personal development coaching.
- Workshops, roundtables and speaker events.
- Access to co-working space.
- PR and intellectual property support.
- All travel and accommodation expenses are covered.
Applicants must have plans to scale-up and want guidance on navigating growth challenges. You must also be a decision maker in a UK-based engineering or technology business that has raised at least £1million through equity investment or turnover from the previous year, or a combination of both.
Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence
CEME supports entrepreneurs to achieve accelerated growth.
Support for Manufacturers from Make UK
Make UK supports and champions the engineering and manufacturing industry in the UK.