qLegal is the award-winning pro bono commercial law clinic at Queen Mary University of London. They offer tailored legal advice to startups and entrepreneurs.
What they cover:
- Intellectual Property matters relating to copyright, trade marks and patents (e.g. how to protect your brand, how to register a trade mark, how to protect your IP when working with others).
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance and data privacy (e.g. what your obligations are under the GDPR and what to include in your cookies/privacy policies, and website terms and conditions).
- Corporate matters relating to business structure, incorporation and governance (e.g. which business structure is best for your business, how to incorporate new investors/founders into the start-up and what the implications of doing so are).
- Commercial agreements (e.g. what are the key clauses you should include in agreements with the third parties such as clients/other businesses).
- Non-disclosure agreements (e.g. how to protect your confidential information when working with third parties such as potential investors/other businesses).
What you can expect:
- If you would like legal advice, please contact qLegal via the online enquiry form.
- qLegal will arrange a short preliminary call to discuss your legal needs and determine whether they can help you.
- If they can take you on as a client, you will attend a 45-minute appointment (either in person or remotely) with two post-graduate law student advisers and a qualified lawyer.
- You will receive written advice within three weeks which has been checked by a qualified lawyer.
Here is a short explanatory video of the process.
Business Health and Safety Regulations
A summary of employers' health and safety duties.