Property Advice Service
Renting a property can be an expensive and complex part of running a business. That’s why the London Business Hub has launched a new service to help you find the right space and fully understand the costs associated with renting a property. We’ll also be here for you if you’re renegotiating a lease with your landlord.
Entrepreneurs and business owners taking part in the programme will have access to a series of free masterclasses on topics such as business rates, lease negotiations and more. The programme can also offer one-to-one support for your specific circumstances from expert property consultants Gerald Eve and other property professionals.
Our masterclasses will cover a range of topics to support London’s SMEs on the issue of being a commercial tenant, including:
- Advice on how to navigate rent negotiations with your landlord
- Handling talks with your Local Authority on issues such as moving forward a change in planning use class and business rates
- How to use arbitration services to break an impasse in rent negotiations with your landlord
- Advice on how to negotiate an exit from a current lease/licence commitment
- 3rd August 2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 7th September 2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 5th October 2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
More to come soon.
Is this programme for you?
To take part in this programme your business needs to:
- Have 250 or less employees (including yourself)
- Have an annual turnover below £44m
- Be based or trading in London
If you meet this criteria and wish to attend a session, please complete our registration form.
For further information, get in touch at 07591 537448
The programme is part of the London Business Hub and is funded by the London Economic Action Partnership (LEAP). The programme is delivered by the London Business Partnership, in partnership with Gerald Eve. This programme, which began in September 2020, runs for 18 months.
Guides and resources
The following London Business Hub guides provide advice and tips on key considerations for commercial tenants:
- Arbitration of Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Assignment and Subletting
- Commercial Leases – Overview of Common Terms Covered by a Lease Agreement
- Commercial Leases – Which Legal Firm to Appoint?
- Commercial Rents and COVID-19: Call for evidence
- Costs to Expect When Renting Business Premises
- Dealing With End of Lease Issues
- How to Engage in Discussions With Your Landlord
- How to Find the Right Property for Your Business
- Lease Length, Break Clauses and Rent Reviews
- Lease Obligations and Lease Reviews
- Legal Responsibilities of Tenants
- Negotiating a Commercial Lease
- Rent Reviews
- The Landlord and Tenant Relationship
- Insight for Serviced Office Operators
- Check and Challenge Your Rateable Value