News and Updates (COVID-19)
This page provides a round-up of the latest news, developments and support available for businesses and the self-employed during the coronavirus pandemic.
- New ‘We Offer Testing to our Staff’ scheme launched (11 May 2021)
A new scheme for businesses offering workplace testing for staff through NHS Test and Trace has been launched across the UK. It will show customers, employees and the wider public the businesses that are going the extra mile to keep their staff and the public safe.
- A new Queen’s Speech to build back better from the pandemic (8 May 2021)
New laws to ensure the UK builds back better and stronger from the pandemic will be unveiled in next week’s Queen’s Speech.
- New campaign urges public to get tested twice a week (9 April 2021)
From Friday 9 April, everyone in England will be eligible for free rapid COVID-19 tests, twice a week.
- Recovery Loan Scheme launches (6 April 2021)
The Recovery Loan Scheme will ensure businesses continue to benefit from Government-guaranteed finance throughout 2021.
- Further easing of Covid restrictions confirmed for 12 April (5 April 2021)
Outdoor hospitality will be along those reopening in England next week after the Prime Minister confirmed the roadmap is on track and planned easements can go ahead.
- Workplace testing programme expands to offer free rapid home testing (28 March 2021)
All employers will now be able to offer their employees free, rapid and regular testing that can be taken at home.
- Business rates relief boosted with new £1.5 billion pot (25 March 2021)
New business rates relief fund of £1.5 billion for businesses affected by COVID-19 outside the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
- Government extends business support measures (25 March 2021)
The Government has extended temporary insolvency measures providing further support to businesses during the pandemic.
- New raft of measures to prepare high streets for summer (20 March 2021)
Measures to support a safe and successful reopening of highstreets and seaside resorts have been announced by Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick.
- Further support for commercial and residential tenants (10 March 2021)
Ban on commercial evictions extended to 30 June to ensure businesses are supported as they re-open.
- Budget 2021 sets path for recovery (3 March 2021)
The Chancellor has set out a £65 billion three-point plan to provide support for jobs and businesses.
- Prime Minister to publish roadmap for easing COVID restrictions (22 February 2021)
The Prime Minister will set out the Government’s roadmap for cautiously easing lockdown restrictions in England.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Support for Businesses and Employers
Support to help businesses and employers respond to COVID-19.
Easing of Lockdown Restrictions
An overview of the Government's plan to ease lockdown restrictions.