MedCity was launched in 2014 to champion and grow the life sciences sector in London and the greater South East.
MedCity supports entrepreneurs, industry, small and medium-sized businesses and investors by offering a range of advice and guidance on issues including:
- How to find space, equipment, expertise and partners.
- How to raise finance from a number of sources.
- How to navigate the healthcare market.
- How to utilise tax incentives that support business and innovation.
- Investment opportunities.
MedCity also runs a number of programmes to support the life sciences sector. Current programmes include:
- Collaborate to Innovate connects academics and industry to promote knowledge transfer and the commercialisation of innovations.
- The Advanced Therapies Network supports knowledge exchange and networking between academic organisations, life sciences firms and investors.
- Investment Hub connects small and medium-sized enterprises with investors focused on innovative life sciences and healthcare businesses.