Managing Business Finances
Effective financial management is essential to the long-term success of any business. Robust financial processes can help you to avoid and address common challenges.
Avoid cash flow problems
There are many reasons why your business may face a cash crisis, and it is crucial to understand the factors that can cause cash flow problems.
Common causes of cash flow problems include:
- Late payment.
- A key customer becomes insolvent.
- Insufficient working capital.
- Poor financial planning.
The key ways to reduce cash flow problems include:
- Adopting tight credit control procedures.
- Checking that customers are creditworthy.
- Offering incentives for early payment.
- Making it as simple as possible for customers to pay.
- Set up an overdraft facility.
- Negotiate part-payment in advance for large orders or big projects.
- Negotiate better credit terms with suppliers.
No matter how efficient your credit control procedures are, at some point, you may have a customer who has failed to pay an invoice. In these circumstances, there are several different types of action that you can take to secure payment of the debt.
- Mediation and arbitration.
- Debt recovery agency.
- The Small Business Commissioner.
- Court proceedings.
- Insolvency proceedings.
Trade with the EU
Advice on trading with the EU after the transition period.
Employing EU Citizens in the UK
Advice on employing EU nationals in the UK after the transition period.
Executive Education Courses at London Business School
Executive education courses to help businesses achieve key objectives.