London Careers Hubs
A Careers Hub is a group of secondary schools, FE colleges, alternative provision and special schools in a dedicated area that work together to deliver high quality careers education for all students.
Collaborating with employers, the public, education and voluntary sectors, they help deliver the Gatsby Benchmarks and improve careers outcomes for young people.
Careers Hubs in London
Careers Hubs in London will be delivered by:
- West London (Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow) will be delivered by Education Development Trust.
- South London (Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond and Sutton) will be delivered by South London Partnership.
- Central London (Camden, City of London, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Kensington & Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and Westminster) will be delivered by Reed-in-Partnership.
- East London (Barking & Dagenham, Bexley, Bromley, Enfield, Greenwich, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Waltham Forest) will be delivered by Local London.
The Careers Hubs are funded by the Mayor of London, The Careers & Enterprise Company and the European Social Fund.
How employers can get involved
Engagement with employers is central to the impact of any quality careers programme. Careers Hubs are always looking to increase engagement with businesses from a range of sectors and sizes. There are three ways employers can get involved:
- Volunteer with a school or college as an Enterprise Adviser and make a difference to the careers curriculum at your local school or college.
- Become a Cornerstone Employer, part of a flagship group of employers that shape and influence the direction of the Hub and transform the lives of local young people in the area.
- Give An Hour is a great way to make a difference as an individual or as team. Volunteer in schools or colleges to deliver careers activities or host an inspiring experience at your workplace.
If your organisation would like to engage with the Careers Hubs, speak to your local Careers Hub (see contacts above) or get in touch directly at LondonCareers@london.gov.uk.
Skills & Careers Hub
Resources and support to help you manage your team.