- Settlement Scheme available to all EU citizens in UK.
- New points-based immigration policy from 20201.
Moving to the UK in 2020 and beyond
The UK has left the EU and the following has to be considered when recruiting staff from overseas:
- EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their families who move to the UK during the transition period (until 31 December 2020) will be able to apply to the EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021 and it will be free to apply.
- Irish citizens can continue to live, work and study in the UK with no change.
None of this affects the guarantee made to EU citizens already resident in the UK. They can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and they have until at least 30 June 2021 to apply. Until then, they can continue to live, work and study in the UK just as they do now.
Anyone arriving from January 2021 will need to apply under the future points-based immigration system.
- Check what you need to do via the Government checker tool.
- Help EU staff to get settled status (Check out the Employer Toolkit).
- Get settled status if you are an EU national.
- Follow plans for a new immigration policy.
- Check out the London Mayor’s EU Londoners Hub.
Businesses can continue to recruit EU nationals until a new immigration policy is in place in 2021. Employers hiring EU citizens will need to comply with the requirements of the UK’s immigration system, which will apply to all nationalities.
Services to help businesses start-up, grow and overcome challenges in Croydon.
London Borough of Croydon
Advice, support and information for businesses in Croydon.
London Borough of Merton
Advice, support and information for businesses in Merton.