Help to Grow: Management
What is Help to Grow: Management?
Hybrid virtual / in person leadership and management skills programme – 50 hours over 12 weeks. Designed to be manageable alongside full time work.
Curriculum designed with support from academics, entrepreneurs and business leaders, using real world case studies from UK businesses.
Participants will receive 10 hours of one-to-one support from a mentor to develop a business growth plan. Programme includes eight hours of peer-to-peer learning, as well as access to an alumni network.
90% funded by Government – participants charged £750.
Businesses with 5-249 employees, that have been operating for 1+ years are eligible. Participants should be a member of the senior management team and have at least one direct report.
Delivered by a consortium of the UK’s leading business schools accredited by the Small Business Charter (SBC).
What will businesses learn?
Part 1 – Strategies for Growth and Innovation
- Module 1 – Strategy and Innovation
- Module 2 – Digital Adoption
- Module 3 – Internationalisation and Winning New Markets
Part 2 – Engaging with Customers
- Module 1- Vision, Mission and Values
- Module 2 – Developing a Marketing Strategy
- Module 3 – Building a Brand Case Study
Part 3 – Building a Sustainable and Agile Business
- Module 1 – Organisational Design
- Module 2 – Employee Engagement and Leading Change
- Module 3 – high performance Workplace Case Study
Part 4 – Operations and Financial Strategies
- Module 1 – Efficient Operations
- Module 2 – Finance and Financial Management
- Module 3 – Implementing Growth Plans Case Study
What will businesses get out of the course?
- Be aware of the factors that drive productivity and growth and what this means for their business.
- Commit to responsible business practices including how to create an inclusive workplace.
- Understand how to innovate their business model and consider how to adopt and invest in new and digital technologies.
- Develop their leadership and management skills, enhancing employee well-being and engagement.
- Identify key domestic and export markets for their business and developed strategies for market segmentation, positioning and targeting.
- Develop strategies to improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other businesses to develop an action plan for growth.
How can businesses sign up?
Visit www.gov.uk/helptogrow to find out more about which businesses schools are running the course and to sign up.
Watch the short video below to find out more about Help to Grow: Management:
Strong Early Years London – Business Consultancy
Free business consultancy from early years experts.
Strong Early Years London: Free Business Support
A free dedicated helpline for London's early years providers.