Support for Employers From JobCentre Plus
JobCentre Plus works with employers to help them recruit staff and reduce hiring costs.
JobCentre Plus support services for employers include:
- Providing a named employer adviser who will work with you to fill your vacancies.
- Giving advice on job descriptions to make them attractive to candidates.
- Working with you to streamline and speed up your recruitment process, and in return you will aim to offer jobs within 48 hours of interview.
- Actively promoting your vacancies within local jobcentres.
- Matching, pre-screening and booking guaranteed interviews if you agree our short listed candidates have priority access to your vacancies.
- Providing access to Jobcentre Plus offices to conduct interviews.
- Inviting you to attend local employer recruitment events and sector job fairs to promote your vacancies.
- Providing networking opportunities to connect with other local businesses.
- Post recruitment reviews, to discuss on-going support and future recruitment campaigns.
- The opportunity to advertise jobs through its online services.
- Advice about offering work experience and apprenticeships.
- Employment schemes, including Sector-based Work Academy Programmes and business mentoring.
- Help if you employ someone with a disability.
- Guidance on employing someone with a disability or health condition.
Employer Services Line
The Employer Services Line connects employers with local employer advisers who can help them to:
- Design and word job vacancies.
- Develop pre-employment training.
- Recruit in new and fair ways.
- Access general advice about recruitment.
Work trials give employers the opportunity to try out a potential jobseeker on benefits before offering them a job. Once agreed with Jobcentre Plus, employers can offer a work trial if the job is for 16 hours or more a week and lasts for at least 13 weeks. The work trial can last up to 30 days for jobs lasting six months or more, or up to five days if the job is for less than six months.
Employers interested in carrying out a work trial should contact the Employer Services Line on 0800 169 0178.
Funding for Construction Training and Apprenticeships
CITB is responsible for training in the construction sector.
Managing and Recruiting Staff
Advice and support to help with recruiting and managing staff.