Hackney Co-operative Developments
Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD) is a local community economic development agency that aims to empower the people of Hackney to change their lives for the better.
HCD supports the growth of co-operatives and social enterprises, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises through the provision of affordable workspace, business support and training.
Support and training is available in the following areas:
- Business planning.
- Employing and managing staff.
- Financial issues.
- Legal and governance.
HCD typically provides support to co-operatives and social enterprises that are:
- Preparing to start trading.
- In their first year of trading.
- Planning for or experiencing rapid growth.
- Planning to move premises.
- Developing a new product, service, or market.
- Wanting to change their management structure.
Investec Beyond Business Programme
Support for emerging social enterprises in Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham.