Entrepreneur First: Build Your Startup
Entrepreneur First is a talent investor that works with ambitious individuals to help them find a co-founder and start their own business.
Over the course of a six-month cohort, participants accepted onto the Entrepreneur First programme receive support from a global network of founders, advisers and investors to identify a co-founder, and develop and refine their business idea.
If a participant finds a co-founder, they will be able to receive a pre-seed investment in exchange for 10% of the company. Participants’ living costs will also be covered while they test ideas. Experienced advisers and entrepreneurs will also provide advice on product, customers and investment.
Participants also have the opportunity to pitch to early-stage investors and raise investment on more favourable terms so they can continue to grow and scale their business.
How it works
- Complete a written application. Applicants are shortlisted and invited for an interview.
- If accepted onto the programme, participants will be sent reading materials before meeting the rest of the cohort at a kick-off weekend.
- Find a co-founder: Test ideas and working relationships with potential co-founders. After three months, participants present their company to the Investment Committee to receive more funding.
- Around 40-50% of the cohort make it to this stage and have the chance to develop their company over a three-month period before pitching to investors.
- At the end of the six-month cohort, participants will have developed a community and support network to take forward.