Early Years Sector Business Support
London’s early years sector is essential to the capital’s economic success. High-quality early education gives children the best learning and development platform for future educational achievement, enables parents to work, promotes social cohesion and fairness, and ensures the poorest children don’t miss out.
However, the sector has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic and its long-term sustainability is under threat. As they re-open their doors over the coming weeks and months, many early years providers will need help to navigate the recovery phase of COVID-19.
To support the sector through this challenging time, London Business Hub has partnered with Early Years Alliance to offer sector-specific business support to Private, Voluntary and Independent (PVI) providers in the capital.
From July to December 2020, these providers can access a range of free resources – from factsheets, to live webinars and workshops run by Early Years Alliance. At any time, they can also book a one-to-one appointment with a London Business Hub Adviser.
Operating a Viable Early Years Provision / Grant Funding – Thinking Outside the Box
Date: Tuesday 17 November 2020
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
• We will look at best practice when applying for grants and where to look for small and medium sized grant opportunities
• We will explore concerns, issues and share best practice and important considerations.
• We will explore factors that need consideration and share top tips for writing a successful application.
Let’s Talk about Behaviour
Date: Tuesday 1 December 2020
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
• Join Nicola Gibson, the Alliance Inclusion Manager and other practitioners for an interactive discussion about children’s behaviour.
• We will explore how the impact of Covid-19 can influence how children behave, linking in with others to share examples and thoughts.
• Discussion threads include children’s changing emotional needs, the functions of behaviour and ways we can address the more challenging and problematic behaviour.
Guidance and resources
Find recent updates to government policies with regards to Coronavirus and the Early Years, with links to the DfE and other government guidance.
Communicating with Families and the Community
Advice for providers on ways of working in the Coronavirus environment, managing lockdowns and best practice in talking to children about the outbreak.
EYFS Changes in the Coronavirus Crisis
Many changes have been made to the Early Years Foundation Stage during the Coronavirus crisis. Find guidance here on social distancing in settings, use of PPE, adaptations to First Aid and DBS checking.
Operating During Lockdown and Beyond
Our FAQ guide to reopening early years provision.
Business Advice and FAQs
Advice and FAQs regarding business and employment issues for Early Years providers during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Watch our recent webinars, including the Early Years Alliance’s ‘Welcome Back’ series advising on reopening provision.
Early Years Sector Business Support – Business Advice and FAQs
Advice and FAQs regarding business and employment issues for providers during COVID-19.
Early Years Sector Business Support – Latest News
Find recent updates to government policies with regards to COVID-19 and the Early Years