Meet the Buyers: Become a Supplier to Some of London’s Largest Organisations
Organiser: London Business Hub
Location: In-person (London)
Add to Calendar: iCal / Google Calendar
Learn how to navigate the public procurement system.
Learn how to navigate the public procurement system with confidence and increase your chances of success.
The London Anchor Institutions’ Network is hosting a market engagement event to support London’s small and diverse businesses entering their supply chains.
What is this event about?
This market engagement event is part of a dedicated push by some of London’s largest and well-known organisations to support more of London’s smaller and diverse businesses to work with them.
At this event you will:
- Gain insight into the range of live contracts available from public sector organisation such as the NHS, Greater London Authority, London Fire Brigade, Metropolitan Police Service, University of London and Transport for London.
- Learn about relevant topics such as social value and how to demonstrate it.
- Meet and network directly with buyers and their largest contractors to understand how they operate and how you can work together.
- Connect to organisations offering wider business support services in different areas.
Who this event is for?
This event is designed for London-based MSMEs (micro, small and medium-sized enterprises) primarily interested in contract opportunities across Information & Technology, Property and Facilities Management, and Professional Services.
Attendance from the below business groups is encouraged:
- Micro businesses: <10 employees and turnover <€2m per year.
- Small businesses: <50 employees and turnover <€10m per year.
- Medium businesses: <250 employees and turnover <€50m per year.
- VCSE (voluntary, community and social enterprise) describes any organisation that works with social purpose that generates revenue through trading and re-invests any surplus funds back into the business or the community it serves.
- Majority owned or led/managed (50% or more) by individuals from Black, Asian and/or minority ethnic groups, women, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
This London Anchor Institutions’ Network event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund’s (ERDF) London Business Hub – Hub & Spoke Project; as a result a range of data points must be collected to assess your company’s eligibility for the event.
- Be registered in the UK and based in or have significant operations in London.
- Meet the MSMEs (micro, small and medium-sized enterprises) criteria according to the European SME definition.
- Not have received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last three fiscal years.
Start Using Social Media for Small Businesses
Discover how to use key social media platforms.