This workshop from the Business & IP Centre London Network will help you understand the importance of intellectual property (IP) and business information.
The morning session on business research and information will cover:
- How to use BIPC resources to develop a strategic roadmap for your business.
- An introduction to databases, industry guides and key library resources.
- Value proposition.
- Customer segmentation and market research.
- Company data and competitors.
- How to research your IP and funding streams.
The afternoon session on how to protect your business idea will cover:
- The four areas of IP – patents, trademarks, registered designs and copyright.
- How to identify the areas that might apply to you and your business.
- Everyday examples of IP.
- Other IP considerations such as time limits, registered or unregistered, and other practical examples.
Kickstart Your Business | Get Started
Learn how to set up your business and avoid common mistakes.
Kickstart Your Business | Business & Research Information
An introduction to intellectual property and business research.